Friday, March 2, 2007

In the Eye of the Storm and Storm Chasing

I advise marketers and business professionals to balance their lives. It is easy to get so consumed with business opportunities and miss your life. I am all about the passion of the pursuit, but learned what matters most is my family and friends. I have been blessed to be married to my wife, Tina, of 19 years and to be the father of two beautiful young girls Kayla (6) and Kenna (3). My wife and I dated for 7 years before we got married and enjoyed our adventure for 13 more years after we got married. It has been a wonderful journey and kids add greatly to that dynamic.

Now, we are refocusing on our love for each other (I know its mushy). I have been very intentional about leveraging all of my marketing activities, but I am learning very quickly that I cannot let that interfere with my personal goals of family, personal development, and physical fitnesss. Areas that will always require maintainence. Now, I write this from experience. I once got up caught in the success of one my key clients, making him extreme income and growing his company. I started to overlook everything that was important to me. Fortunately, I wised up and my wife was willing to forgive me for my error in judgment. I wrote this as a caution, when you are chasing the storm, it is better to be in the eye storm - safe from its ravages! Get caught up in the VORTEX, but stay in the center of the storm. Happy marketing!


Please consider supporting this blog at $5.00:





No comments: