Sunday, June 3, 2007

My Whirlwind Trip to "The OC", Disney, Beverly Hills, and Hollywood

Wow! Just got back from a working vacation in beautiful Southern California. My clients and friends Leesa and Denny Bellesi, authors of "The Kingdom Assignment", honored my wife and I with a "WELL DONE AWARD" at the first annual awards night recognizing 30 other recipients (read more about the event at the links above).

We turned this opportunity into a vacation with our two young girls, Kayla and Kenna, and spent a relaxing but fast-paced week on Balboa Island (south of LA). Had a chance to do my very first YouTube diary from Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood and a podcast that I will post later. Spent some quality time with a new author and movie client at the posh Grand Havana Room in Beverly Hills (members only).

Had a chance to meet and see a few stars; but basically, I enjoyed that my wife and family had a chance to meet some of the people we see on TV and in theatres, hear on the radio, read about, and watch on DVD at home (i.e., Chris Gardner the subject of the movie "Pursuit of Happyness", Mark Clayman, Executive Producer for the movie "Pursuit of Happyness", Mario Bernheim, one of the original founders of HBO "Comic Relief", American Idol stars Katharine McPhee and Chris Sligh, gospel singer Bebe Winans, actress Lin Ciangio, and of course Mickey Mouse, etc.).

My wife usually shuns the limelight, but I had to take a few pictures for her to prove to her co-workers that she really did meet some of these people, etc. My young girls fit in well on the scene, asking more about Kahtarine McPhee's puppy and going for their personal glam shots at their private tea party on the island and a chance to take a "kewl" photo with their favorite star Mickey! Get caught up in THE VORTEX!









My wife Tina with American Idol singer Chris Sligh








My first YouTube diary, recorded on Sunset Blvd. Hollywood



Gospel Singer Bebe Winans and American Idol Katharine McPhee on stage at "The WELL DONE AWARDS" - The Kingdom Assignment








My Girls with "Mega Star" Mickey - Disneyland

Please consider supporting this blog at $5.00:





No comments: